Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Raw Spicy Red Pepper Cashew Hummus


Tonight I made a tasty raw cashew hummus.  I wanted to share this quick and easy recipe.  All the ingredients are photographed (with the exception of a bit of jalepeno pepper).  I don't measure anything I just go by taste and texture; that's the fun about being raw.  Enjoy.




For those who need directions  ;o)

About one cup of raw cashews (either pieces or whole) soaked for 2  hours.
1 tsp of Shoyu
1 TBSP olive oil
2 pinches of salt
1 pinch of red pepper
A bit of jalapeno pepper
1/2 glove of garlic
A bit of onion
A a bit of red pepper

* I was going to use a bit of agave but didn't.  Also go easy on the raw onion and garlic as in large amounts it is very strong.  Also do not over soak cashews, as they may become too mushy and bitter.

Let me know what you all think!

No comments:

Post a Comment